Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Ghost of Christmas Past

A couple days ago I made a birthday card using some papers that I really love that make me think of old wallpaper.So when I saw the Jingle Belles Spirit of Christmas Past challenge, I wanted to use the scraps even though they are not Christmas themed papers. I stitched around the edges and even across the middle. Then I added a die cut poinsettia and ephemera that I bought last Christmas and inked all the edges.  I kind of think it needs a Christmas sentiment but I couldn't work it in. Anyway, I'm happy I got to use some more of the paper!





2 comments:

  1. Your stitching is perfection ... and what a great combination of vintage elements ... I can only imagine how fantastic the Toy Emporium was ... so glad you celebrated Christmas Past with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, see, this is my favorite kind of card, precisely b/c it's not entirely traditional xmas colors or products... and yet you've captured the vibe of "an old fashioned holiday" PERFECTLY!!! add to that the gorgeous embellies and your stitching... yowza!!! thanks for joining our old fashioned xmas fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥ (for the record, i don't feel like it needs a sentiment, but then many of mine don't have one & i know i'm in the minority on that, lol) :)

    ReplyDelete