Saturday, January 4, 2020

Happy New Year!

OK, I am going to post my challenge cards this year...I didn't make it past February last year, even though I made and mailed at least one card a week! Which is hugely a lot for me.

Here is my take on the Jingle Belles challenge to make a card using wrapping paper or gift tags. This year I wrapped my Christmas gifts using rolls of gorgeous paper from Target in black, gray and white, all with gold accents. We had a flocked tree in our front room and the packages looked so cool under the tree. 



I used the black/gold wrapping paper for the sky and the white/gold for the snow. I have no idea where I got the gold material that I used to die cut the Tim Holtz trees, but I will tell you it has a slick backing that neither glue nor tape runner would adhere to. Mini-glue dots (cut into quarters!) did the trick. Also discovered that stamping on wrapping paper makes a blurry mess. My first card sacrificed itself for the teaching moment. 

Congratulations to Stephanie and Lauren on Jingle Belles' 10th year and thank you for the inspiration! xo

3 comments:

  1. teaching moments are important ... and the combination of the golden accents in your card really pulls the design together ... I bet that did look gorgeous with your flocked tree ... so very glad you joined us for the beginning of our 10th year at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so elegant! Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so totally love this beautiful and elegant card! (& i am secretly jealous of the fab flocked tree!!!) thanks for being a WRAP STAR with us this fortnight at JINGLE BELLES! so excited to have you along for the ride in 2020!

    ReplyDelete