Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Hello Rosebud

Made a card for a long distance friend I met in Alaska last summer. We both make cards so we send each other one at least once a month. Her nickname is Rosebud and this card has roses in full flower and bud form, so it's perfect for her.

I used the sketch challenge from Sketch Saturday #598 but mixed it up a bit, moving the ribbon to the side and reversing the direction of the strips...which I had to do because I cut them in the wrong direction. I also stitched around the edge because I just love stitching on cards. The papers are scrapbook papers from Jen Hadfield. The photo is slightly washed out because I don't have an indirect lighting source at the moment.


And here is the fun sketch from Sketch Saturday. 


For some reason, I can't center the sketch. One of these days I'll spend some time learning more about formatting!








No comments:

Post a Comment