Monday, February 11, 2019

It's not cool to be square...or rectangle.

Last night I decided to make beer battered fish tacos. Made the cabbage slaw and chipotle sauce, delicious btw. Went to pull out the tortillas so I could warm them while cooking the fish. Doh! No tortillas. Could have gone to the store but then I would not have been able to watch the Grammys nor finish my Christmas card. Rao's pasta sauce and frozen tortellini to the rescue! 

The Jingle Belles are getting in shape by making cards in a shape other than a square or rectangle. This required a little engineering on my part but I'm happy to report that it stands up and fits in a regular envelope. Used up a few odds and ends from my shoe box of Christmas stuff and some scraps of paper.

Grammys watched...check. 
Card completed...check.

Today I found the tortillas. In the cheese drawer. 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I would do (and do rather frequently) ... that family of frosty owls is absolutely adorable and perfect for your oval shape ... so glad you *shaped-up* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!!! been there, done that! ask my paper anthology picnic dinner friends about last week's shrimp salad! (hint: it was made with chicken, lol!) :) :) :) but it's important to have PRIORITIES such as making an amazing card like this!!!! beautiful job! thanks for getting in shape with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete