Saturday, March 6, 2021

Merry Sketchmas

I need to get some Christmas cards completed and always love a sketch because it establishes some boundaries. The Jingle Belles challenge is to make a card using Stephanie's sketch below.



For the background I used a leftover page that I made for Wanderlust 2021, a mixed media art journaling course. The paper is watercolor paint on a paper bag, with salt sprinkled on the wet page. It was really fun to see how the pages turned out and I would definitely use this technique again. The rest are scraps of Christmas patterned paper and a gift tag from Michaels. 





 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh the salted watercolor background is SOOOO flippin amazing! i was going to ask whose paper that was, i would definitely buy a pack of that any day! what a gorgeous card! so happy you could celebrate "Merry SKETCHmas" with us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, what a lovely card from all of those scraps. I love your background.

    ReplyDelete