Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snowy Christmas

Do you ever have one of those days where the card you're creating just isn't working out and you keep tweaking it and nothing works? That happened to me yesterday with the fabulous Jingle Belles Ho-ho-h20 challenge from guest star Linda of Snail's Pace, to make a card using water based products or featuring a water related image, like snow or icicles. I adore anything with snowflakes so it seemed like a no-brainer. But the card I worked on for HOURS is now in the recycling bin. The one below I like better, but to be honest, it doesn't exactly float my boat either. I think it's the sentiment that doesn't quite work. I will make a second card with the same design, since that was a New Year's res and I've stuck with it so far. Maybe I'll like the next one better. I used sketch #196 from Unscripted Sketches Sketch it Saturdays, a challenge I've started doing more often as they have some very creative ladies to glean inspiration from. On the positive side, I made several valentines that I like quite a bit! Bye for now, Go Niners!!

 
 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love the embossing and inking! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ... especially those iridescent snowflakes at the bottom ... and such a perfect bow. Sorry about the creative frustration ... I just think of it as learning experiences :) So glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're being hard on yourself. It's a good card! Love those shiny snowflakes (bottom, right). Thanks for joining us at Unscripted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i must say i cannot AT ALL see what you are talking about in this lovely card b/c to me it's just plain BEAUTIFUL!!! (but yeah, i can relate to the feeling, sorry about that!!!) i love the greeting, love that gorgeous bow, looooooooove the silvery stuff that's highlighting the embossed flakes. as far as i can tell, this is a HOMERUN ... you know... just like in the SUPERBOWL!!! :) :) :)

    (ok, i'm a LITTLE sportier than that, but had to look up on google just now that the 49ers were IN the superbowl, but apparently didn't win; (SORRY!) nope; not kidding; in this house ya wouldn't have known there was a game yesterday except the PUPPY BOWL!!!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is fabulous. I love the embossing you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love making holiday cards in advance. Then don't feel so rushed. Great idea. Thanks for playing with us at US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading the adventures of the Crafters Guild.
    I think your card turned out great! I really like the iridescent snowflakes at the bottom! I'll give you +90 shiny exp points for using them ;)
    ~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous snowflakes - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your card, but I hear you about making pretty trash. Sometimes you just need to walk away, or in my case, give up. I'll revisit my efforts later, eventually.

    PS: Lauren suggested I come here, and I always do everything Lauren tells me to do. :) You are in my Google Reader, baby!

    ReplyDelete