Wednesday, January 13, 2016

First Christmas Card of 2016!

I'm a stalker. I know what you've been up to because, chances are, I've read your blog. I read blogs voraciously and find them inspirational, clever, often humorous and sometimes touching. I steal your ideas, or at the very least borrow from them, learn new techniques and find little gems of wisdom about life, from the everyday to the sublime, all because creative bloggers take the time to record and share amazing journals. But when it comes to writing my own...yawn. I'd rather read yours.

This year, I resolve to blog a bit more. I might even update my picture. We'll see. But to all the crafty bloggers out there, whether it's a personal or challenge blog, thank you and Happy New Year!

And here is my first Christmas card of 2016. I started with the current Jingle Belles challenge, Something Old and Something New. The patterned paper is new, although I didn't intend to use the papers for a card. I picked them up at Michael's after Christmas to make Christmas card envelopes next year. I just love sending cards in an envelope made from patterned paper.



The tag is made from Graphic 45 Christmas Carol ephemera, also new. The lace, ribbon and baker's twine are old.

I'm also submitting to the following challenges:

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge Use plaid in a card
Sparkles Christmas Challenge Vintage tags
ABC Christmas Challenge A is for Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges Anything Goes
CHNC Challenge Extra Anything Goes Every Month
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge Use Red in a card


16 comments:

  1. what a FAB card and what a great combination of old and new items!!! really love this one missus and looking forward to "seeing" you more at JINGLE BELLES in 2016! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Cyndie. I really like the rich, traditional colors of the papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this vintage card! The image is so cute, and the lace so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful vintage card - great idea to make our envelope.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love all the patterns and how well they all work together. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome vintage Christmas card, Cyndie! Love all the pattern papers you've assembled in it!
    Also, thanks for commenting in my blog - I've left an answer to your question there, but mentioning it here too - I didn’t use stamp-a-ma-jig – that’s how the stamp was, 4 lines! :D Here’s the link, if you want (at the parent website) – http://www.winniewalter.com/products/scenery-stripes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyndie, I love this card, I have a real soft spot for vintage style Christmas cards and your's is wonderful. Beautiful image and sentiment. Thank you for joining us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely assortment of patter papers. Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your ramblings :) ... love your focal image and the layers are perfection ... so glad you started 2016 with the jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Cyndie. I love the vintage image and colours. Great design. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    super cute card
    thanks to participate at CHHC2
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-CHHC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic vintage card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely vintage card, he papers all work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the cutest tag ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "A Vintage Christmas Tag” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card - and tag! And making envelopes from patterned paper... you're giving me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing Christmas Tag. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete