Monday, January 28, 2019

Beaches and Polar Vortexes

Today I leave the balmy 60 degrees of California to head to Chicago where they are experiencing the record-breaking sub-zero polar vortex. The forecast for No Cal on Wednesday is a high of 65 and for Chicago a high of -12. Sadly I am not garnering sympathy from my colleagues since they mostly live in Chicago and Michigan.

On the bright side, I  completed another page for the 50 page (double-sided) scrapbook that I will absolutely-definitely-positively complete for my son in time for Christmas. This page is from a trip to the Santa Cruz Pier, near our old house, and features my son's paternal grandmother who managed to befriend a pelican.


For this page I incorporated two of the January challenges from Lasting Memories Layout Challenges: 1) to make a page using two or more photos; and 2) to make a card using two or more alpha fonts. This page has 4 photos as well as two different texts, a Cricut image of the word Seashore (the letter O is a sand dollar but doesn't show up well in the photo); and the description box uses the font "Flip-flops" which seemed perfect suited.

Now that I'm entering a lot more scrapbook challenges, I think need to create a photo box big enough to hold a scrapbook page...I can't quite get the lighting right on my kitchen counter. Maybe a project for when I return from the frozen tundra. 


2 comments:

  1. I just love your seashells! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete