Sunday, January 27, 2019

Santa left me coal...

It is a dazzling day here in NoCal, mid-sixties and clear blue skies with views all the way to the Sierras. So I decided to walk my pet iguana and spend the rest of the day sipping mai tais by the pool. But then I remembered that I don't have a pet iguana. Or a pool. Or rum. Just a couple of yappy mutts and a rock fountain and some fairly decent wine. Good thing I had a back up plan. Walked the yappy mutts and then made a couple of cards. Here is my card for the Jingle Belles challenge to make a card using something new from Christmas. Or whatever was lying around. I went with the latter, using a faux vintage postcard, then stitched around the edges of some patterned paper (which pretty much covered the pattern). And added a border of green stuff that might be holly or possibly kale...hard to tell. Plus an old poinsettia embellishment.


Also posting to Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. So far I'm mostly on track with my resolution to enter more challenges in 2019.

5 comments:

  1. I must confess it does have a kale-like quality ... but it works with all of the other foliage in your design ... so glad the puppies got a walk and you had some wine & time to create ... always thrilled when you join us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Dogs, crafting and wine...what could go wrong??

      Delete
  2. hahaha... it does look a tiny bit like kale, lol... (well it does NOW anyway lol!) i confess i was very nearly almost taken in by sentence one. it wasn't even the iguana walk that tipped me off, i was kinda like, "cyndie has an iguana??" but i honestly couldn't picture you just SITTING by the pool with mai tais lol... if you had said crafting by the pool i might've bit... :) :) :) meanwhile this is an AWESOME card and it turns out kale is the perfect embellie!!! so happy you're "in" for another JINGLE BELLES season, it wouldn't be the same without ya! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right. Possibly I could get relax by the pool with my Tim Holtz scissors and some saved items to fussy cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete